Countries

Spain Finland Hungary Italy Lithuania Spain Finland Hungary Italy Lithuania Spain Finland Hungary Italy Lithuania

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Chain Bridge


1- The Chain Bridge.

2/3/4- This bridge was built in 1849 to link Buda side with Pest side of Budapest. It was designed by the English engineer Wiliam Tierney Clark. It is a larger scale version of Clark's earlier Marlow Bridge, across the River Thames in Marlow, England.


7- The first time I visited it was the evening we arrived, when my host and his father decided to let me see Budapest by night. When I turned my face to the right and watched through the glass of the car, I didn’t believe it: I was watching the fantastic view of the Danube and both Buda and Pest side. I was blinded by hundreds of lights coming from cars, streets, locals and whatever. The only thing I could do was to say “Oh…” and keep enjoying that marvellous view.

Mario Patetta

I found it a spectacular building !
Elisa Casagrande


No comments:

Post a Comment