1. Name and Location
Fiumicino – Leonardo da Vinci International Airport, more commonly known as Fiumicino Airport, is located just a little bit over 35 km from the center of Rome
2. Kind of attraction
Fiumicino is the largest airport in Italy. Over 40 million passengers traveled to/via the airport last year, which makes it the sixth busiest airport in the world!
3. Century or year of construction, geological or geographical origin, historic era, author.
The airport was opened to passengers in early 1960s and has stayed pretty the same ever since. They have made 4 new runways and the old ones been renewed. Several new projects are starting in the near future.
4. Comments on art style, singularity etc.
The airport was well-maintained and clean. The terminals looked modern and everything worked really well, which is quite rare when we're talking about one of the world's busiest airports.
5. Place with a social function where people meet to celebrate, demonstrate, talk, commemorate, youth meeting place etc.
None of the above, but I think airports are always the kind of places where you bump into some old friends you haven't spoken or seen in a while
6. How new or familiar did you find the attraction?
It looked quite new to me so it definitely came to me as a surprise that they haven't been renovating the airport so much since the 1960s
7. What emotions and feeling did you have while visiting the place?
It was literally a warm welcome and I think that it's impossible to be sad at an airport you just landed on because you know that your journey has just started.