Countries

Spain Finland Hungary Italy Lithuania Spain Finland Hungary Italy Lithuania Spain Finland Hungary Italy Lithuania

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Comenius meeting in Finland

I had the pleasure of travelling to Pietarsaari, Finland to meet those I got to know at our earlier meeting in Hungary and to make new friends with interesting people.
We left on Monday morning, had a nice flight to Helsinki and then to Kokkola. From Kokkola Airport one of the Finnish teachers took us by car to the hotel, where we met our hosts. I think we all were really happy to see each other. Because we were the first guests to arrive in Finland, we Hungarians and our kind hosts got to know each other better by spending that evening and
Tuesday together. I got to see my host’s hometown and his family, who were really friendly and I immediately felt at home in their house.
We had a school tour on Wednesday and gave presentations to all the other students. Later that day we visited a waste disposal facility. In the evening students from the participating countries taught each other a national dance, and we also shared a meal at a nice restaurant. I had lots of fun that day, and met very nice people.
On Tuesday the local youth council and the student committee in the school talked to us about their work, and we visited the Museum of Pietarsaari. In the afternoon we could skate and ski, and later tried out traditional Finnish sauna and ice swimming. It was an interesting experience, and I think if one has the chance to visit Finland, they should definitely try this.
On Friday we went to the Arctic Museum in Nanoq, and saw ice fishermen in Merilä. In the evening we had a party with all students from the project, and even though we left early next morning, I got to know things unique to Finland, Finnish people and had fun together with girls and guys from all over Europe.
 I hope I will be able to see these people again.


György Martinecz

No comments:

Post a Comment